Student Scholarship Competition
The ISTTE Scholarship Committee will present four $500.00 awards to four students affiliated with ISTTE member schools. The application form is attached and is due Friday, May, 31, 2013, 5 PM EDT.
Applicants should submit their 500-1000 word, double spaced typed essays electronically on a topic relevant to the travel and tourism industry.
The application package should include:
- An application form (see attached), including an endorsement by an active ISTTE member from the student's institution. Please create a PDF, after the form has been signed.
- A cover letter (maximum 2 pages), including:
- Student's academic background, experience, aspirations in the travel and tourism industry
- The reason(s) for seeking the scholarship.
- The essay
All sources indicated in the essay must be cited. The essay will be checked for plagiarism via an electronic medium.
ISTTE member faculty will judge the essays using the following five criteria:
Completed essays and ancillary information should be forwarded electronically to: Ady.Milman@ucf.edu with "ISTTE Scholarship 2013" in the subject area of the e-mail. Only electronic copies will be accepted.
- Comprehension (20 points)
How well does the essay reflect a thorough comprehension of the issues involved the essay topic?
- Organization (20 points)
Does the argument follow a logical and easily understood progression? Does corroborating evidence support the essay's main points?
- Creativity(20 points)
Use of diverse resources, including interviews. Creative angle on the issue.
- Conclusions (20 points)
Do the conclusions follow logically from the argument? How compelling are the conclusions?
- Writing (20 points)
The committee will award four (4) $500.00 scholarships. One in each of the following categories:
- Graduate School
- 4-Year College/University
- 2-Year College/University
- High School or Non-degree Proprietary School (Certificate).
Ady Milman, Ph.D.
Rosen College of Hospitality Management
University of Central Florida
Orlando, FL 32819
ISTTE reserves the right to use the essays and statements in the newsletters and website. Submissions do not guarantee a scholarship will be presented.
**All scholarships will be sent to the school directly to be distributed to the student. If the student will graduate before December 2013 please make sure the school will forward the money to the student. We cannot award money to the student directly.