ISTTE is an international organization of educators in travel, tourism, and related fields representing all levels of educational institutions, ranging from professional schools and high schools to four year colleges and graduate degree granting universities. Current membership is represented by travel and tourism educators in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Great Britain, Korea, China, Taiwan, and others.
ISTTE prides itself on the diverse qualifications of its members who represent varied education and industry sectors such as Business Administration, Economics, Gaming Management, Geography, Hospitality Administration, Travel/Tourism Industry, Leisure Study, Marketing, Meetings & Conventions, Sociology of Tourism, and many more!
Access the Online Membership Application Access the Fax/Mail Membership Application
- Access to all areas of our interactive web site
- Receiving free publications
- ISTTE News & Views (Member profiles, job vacancies, conference information, book reviews, discount rates for members' advertisements)
- Journal of Teaching in Travel and Tourism ( A Haworth Press imprint; first issue in late 2000; journal subscription valued at $42 USD)
- Increasing your professional knowledge
- Opportunities for your students to apply for ISTTE scholarships
- Networking with your peers
- Attending the annual conference at reduced rates
- Enjoying select travel discounts on cruises, rental cars, and more!
- Membership is on calendar-year basis.
- Members in all categories carry voting rights.
|Active member – An individual who is employed in the capacity of teacher, administrator, researcher by a degree, certificate, or diploma granting educational institution which offers travel and tourism courses.
|Associate Member – An individual who has an interest in enhancing the quality of travel and tourism education but does not meet the requirements for Category A.
|Graduate Student – Any full-time graduate student. Maximum of four consecutive years. Must not be a full-time educator.
||$ 95.00 USD/year
|Institutional Member – Any organization with up to three members. All must renew together.
|Emeritus Member – Any person who is a retired travel and tourism educator and has been a member of ISTTE for at least three years.